Health Benefits Of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans
Health Benefits Of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya, nutritional values Of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya, Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya used in curing disease treatment, Broad Beans, Chikkudukaya, Vegetables
The Broad Bean, Vicia Faba or Fava Beans are one of the ancient cultivated crops probably originated in the fertile valleys of Asia Minor or Mediterranean region.They are one of the popular vegetables to grow and can be easily grown in home gardens.
The Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans is known by many other names in India regional wise like –
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Hindi : Lablab Beans, Bakla
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Kannada : Chapparadvare
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Malayalam : Amarakai, Amarakaya
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Marathi : Ghewda
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Tamil : Avarakkai
Broad Beans-Fava Beans called in Telugu : Chikkudukaya
Nutritional value Of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans-Kidney Beans:
Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans-Kidney Beans is a rich source of different nutrients, vitamins and minerals including: protein, fibre, vitamins A, C and K, the minerals magnesium, potassium and iron.
The nutritional values per 100 g of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans-Kidney Beans are:
- Protein – 12.9 g
- Water – 122 g
- Ash – 1.4 g
- Fiber – 9.2 g
- Total Fat – 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat – 0.1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat – 0.1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 0.3 g
- Total Calories – 783 KJ
- From Carbohydrate – 569 KJ
- From Fat – 23.9 kJ
- From Protein – 188 KJ
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – 20.4 mg
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids – 258 mg
- Total Carbohydrates – 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber – 9.2 g
- Sugar – 3.1 g
- Vitamin A IU – 25.5 IU
- Vitamin A (retinol activity equiv) – 1.7 mcg
- Beta Carotene – 15.3 mcg
- Riboflavin – 0.2 mg
- Niacin – 1.2 mg
- Thiamin – 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.1 mg
- Folate – 177 mcg
- Vitamin K – 4.9 mcg
- Dietary Folate Equivalents – 177 mcg
- Vitamin C – 0.5 mg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.3 mg
- Choline – 52 mg
- Calcium – 61.2 mg
- Iron – 2.5 mg
- Magnesium – 73.1 mg
- Phosphorus – 212 mg
- Potassium – 456 mg
- Zinc – 1.7 mg
- Copper – 0.4 mg
- Selenium – 4.4 mcg
- Sodium – 8.5 mg
Health Benefits Of Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans-Kidney Beans
- Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava beans are rich sources of vitamin A and C; vitamin A is required for good vision, skin, growth and bone development
- Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava beans are a source of both types of dietary fiber, soluble fiber.consuming soluble, fiber-rich foods may help improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber is particularly effective at lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, commonly referred to as “bad” cholesterol.
- It is rich in fiber, which is required by the body to move food through the digestive system.
- Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava beans has high concentrations of an amino acid known as L-dopa (dopamine), which works as a neurotransmitter in the brain.
- The good amount of potassium in Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava beans helps the body maintain blood pressure and regulate heart function.
- Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava beans are a very good source of phosphorus in the body, which is required for the formation of healthy bones and teeth. In addition, it also helps the body utilize vitamins.
- It serves as a rich source of thiamin, which is essential to maintain normal nerve function.
Broad Beans-Chikkudukaya-Fava Beans-Kidney Beans are high in complex carbohydrates and can create gastric problems in individuals, along with abdominal pains.