Health Benefits Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower
Health Benefits Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower, nutritional values Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower, Broccoli-Green Cauliflower used in curing disease treatment, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Vegetables
Broccoli or Chinese Cauliflower belongs to a family of vegetables called cruciferous vegetables and its close relatives include brussel sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage. broccoli is an all-star food with many health benefits. While low in calories, broccoli is rich in many essential vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber.
The Broccoli-Green Cauliflower is known by many other names in India regional wise like –
Broccoli called in Hindi : Hari Phool Gobi
Broccoli called in Telugu : Green Cauliflower, brocolli, Chinese Cauliflower
Broccoli called in Kannada : brocolli, Chinese Cauliflower
Broccoli called in Malayalam : brocolli
Broccoli called in Tamil : Pachchai poongosu, Green Cauliflower, Chinese Cauliflower
Broccoli called in Marathi : Hari Phool Gobi, brocolli
Broccoli called in Bengali : Hari Phool Gobi, brocolli
Broccoli called in Gujarati : Hari Phool Gobi, brocolli
Nutritional value Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower:
Broccoli-Green Cauliflower contain vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, fiber, potassium, folate, and lutein.
The nutritional values per 100 g of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower are:
- Calories – 31 g
- Fat – 0 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
- Sodium – 30mg
- Carbohydrate – 6 g
- Protein – 3 g
- Total Calories – 30.9 g
- From Carbohydrate – 21.9 g
- From Fat – 2.8 g
- From Protein – 6.3 g
- Total Carbohydrates – 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber – 2.4 g
- Starch – 0 g
- Sugars – 1.5 g
Fats & Fatty Acids
- Total Fat – 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat – 0 g
- monounsaturated Fat – 0 g
- Poly-saturated Fat – 0 g
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – 19.1 mg
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids – 15.5 mg
- Vitamin A – 567 IU
- Vitamin C – 81.2 mg
- Vitamin D –
- Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) – 0.7 mg
- Vitamin K – 92.5 mcg
- Thiamin – 0.1 mg
- Riboflavin – 0.1 mg
- Niacin – 0.6 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 mg
- Folate – 57.3 mcg
- Vitamin B12 – 0.0 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – 0.5 mg
- Choline – 17.0 mg
- Betaine – 0.1 mg
- Calcium – 42.8 mg
- Iron – 0.7 mg
- Magnesium – 19.1 mg
- Phosphorus – 60.1 mg
- Potassium – 288 mg
- Sodium – 30.0 mg
- Zinc – 0.4 mg
- Copper – 0.0 mg
- Manganese – 0.2 mg
- Selenium – 2.3 mcg
- Fluoride –
Health Benefits Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower
- Helps Prevent Cancer: Contains a powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogen that hinders the growth of breast, cervical and prostate cancer.
- Maintains Skin Health: Broccoli is rich in antioxidants such as vitamins C and E. Vitamin C stimulates collagen production, thus keeping your skin healthy whereas vitamin A protects your skin cell membranes and prevents ultraviolet radiation damage.
- Curbs Overeating: A cup of broccoli has as much protein as a cup of rice or corn with only half the calories.
- Promotes Skin Regeneration and Repair: Broccoli contains a substance called glucoraphanin which gets converted into sulforaphane resulting in healthy skin and repairing of skin damage. Thus, eating broccoli renews your skin more quickly and gives your complexion a beautiful natural glow.
- Boosts Immune Health: A cup of broccoli has a large amount of beta-carotene, zinc and selenium which strengthen immune defense.
- Anti-Ageing Benefits: vitamin C has antioxidant properties that fight the free radicals, thus preventing them from causing damage to the skin. Free radicals are responsible for causing skin problems and accelerating skin ageing. By eliminating free radicals, vitamin C prevents skin ageing, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation. Eating broccoli is beneficial in this regard. Besides, it contains beta carotene, vitamin E and vitamin B complex that impart natural glow and keep your skin young.
- Fights Birth Defects: A cup of broccoli has 94mcg of folic acid, vitamin B essential for proper fetus cellular division.
- Protection from Skin Cancer: Repeated sunburns increase the risk of skin cancer. As stated earlier, sulforaphane in broccoli provides protection against UV radiation by controlling the redness medically known as erythema. In this way, it significantly reduces the risk of skin cancer.
- Fights Diabetes: Because of the high fiber and low sugar content, insulin can be kept to a minimum.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Broccoli contains vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium which promote hair growth. Vitamins A and C stimulate the production of sebum, an oil based secretion that acts as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for scalp and hair whereas calcium strengthens the hair follicles.
- Fights Heart Disease: The carotenoid lutein, B6 and folate may prevent the risk of atherosclerosis, hert disease and stroke.
- Strengthens the Hair Follicles: Broccoli seed oil extracted from the seeds of broccoli is particularly beneficial for hair and skin. This natural oil is packed with hair-nourishing vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin B6 that make your hair strong and silky smooth, while eliminating hair frizz.
- Promotes Healthy Bones: Contains more calcium than most dairy and vitamin K which promotes bone health and prevention of osteoporosis.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: The potassium, magnesium and calcium content help regulate blood pressure.
- Combats Hair Loss: The antioxidants in broccoli seed oil, particularly vitamin C prevent hair loss by eliminating the free radicals, thus contributing to healthier and thicker hair. B vitamins such as vitamin B6 help in reducing stress, a factor that can contribute to hair loss. These vitamins support mental and physical health which in turn supports a healthy hair system. In addition to these, broccoli contains a powerful substance that can inhibit dihydrotesterone or DHT which is closely related to hair loss and thinning.
- Prevents Cold: Vitamin C an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory helps relieve cold symptoms.
- Broccoli for a healthy heart: Broccoli health benefits include it being good for the heart. It contains fibres, fatty acids and vitamins that regulate the blood pressure in the body and reduces bad cholesterol. Broccoli can protect the blood vessels from damages and regulate blood pressure that can prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Makes For Manly Men: Reduces levels of the female harmone estrogen therby increasing testosterone.
- Healthy nervous system: Potassium is essential to maintain a healthy nervous system. There is high amount of potassium in broccoli that provides health to the nervous system and also helps proper functioning of brain.
- Healthy vision: Broccoli can provide eye health as it contains vitamin A which helps the retina to absorb light and provide proper vision. Broccoli also contains cancer prevention properties that prevents cataract which is an age related health problem.
- Prevents Anaemia: Healthy hair is a part of a healthy body and hair problems can be attributed to nutritional deficiencies. Anaemia, caused by the lack of iron, is one of the common causes of hair loss. Broccoli contains iron and folic acid that help in preventing anaemia.
- Allergy Reaction and Inflammation: Broccoli is a particularly rich source of kaempferol and isothiocyanates, both anti-inflammatory phyto nutrients. Research has shown the ability of kaempferol to lessen the impact of allergy-related substances on our body. Broccoli even has significant amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, which are well know as an anti-inflammatory.
- Diet Aid: Broccoli is a smart carb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating. Furthermore, a cup of broccoli has as much protein as a cup of rice or corn with half the calories.
- Alkalizes Your Body: Like many vegetables, broccoli helps keep your whole body less acidic, which has a host of health benefits.
- preventing osteoporosis: Owing to its high calcium content, broccoli is believed to be helpful in preventing osteoporosis.
Other Health Benefits Of Broccoli-Green Cauliflower :
- Broccoli can prove to be helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Broccoli has antiviral and anti-ulcer properties.
- The vegetable is good for those suffering from constipation, mainly because it is rich in fiber.
- Broccoli helps the body fight against Toxemia and Neuritis
- Broccoli helps regulate the digestion of food.
- The vegetable may prevent cancer in organs and glands with epithelial tissue, because of its high Vitamin A content
- Broccoli contains a substance called Sulphorafane, which is said to be helpful in reducing the production of malignant tumors.