Health Benefits Of Centella-sarswati aku
Health Benefits Of Centella-sarswati aku, nutritional values Of Centella-sarswati aku, Centella-sarswati aku used in curing disease treatment, Centella, sarswati aku, Vegetables
Centella asiatica, commonly known as centella also known as gotu kola, is an annual herb native to India, Australia and Asia. Its leaves are eaten as a vegetable and it is also an important herb in the traditional medicine systems of those places. Research has revealed support for several of Centella asiatica’s purported health benefits.
Centella asiatica-Indian Pennywort is revered as one of the great multi-purpose miracle herbs of Oriental medicine. It has been in use for thousands of years and has been employed to treat practically every ailment known to man at one time or place or another. The leaf and root extract has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for a long time but has become very popular in the past couple of years for both internal use as well as topical application – although the cosmetic application is relatively new.
Centella asiatica also called as Brahma-Buti, Brahma-Manduki, Centellase, Centella asiatica, Centella Asiática, Centella Asiatique, Centella coriacea, Divya, Gota Kola, Hydrocotyle asiatica, Hydrocotyle Asiatique, Hydrocotyle Indien, Indischer Wassernabel, Indian Pennywort, Indian Water Navelwort, Ji Xue Cao, Khulakhudi, Luei Gong Gen, Luo De Da, Madecassol, Mandukaparni, Manduk Parani, Mandukig, Marsh Penny, TTFCA, Talepetrako, Thick-Leaved Pennywort, Tsubo-kusa, Tungchian, White Rot.
The Centella-sarswathi aku is known by many other names in India regional wise like –
Centella called in Hindi : brahma manduki, brahmanduki, brahmi
Centella called in Telugu : sarswathi aku, Saraswataku, mandukaparni
Centella called in Kannada : Vondelaga, brahmi soppu, ilikivi soppu
Centella called in Malayalam : Kodangal
Centella called in Tamil : Vallarai
Centella called in Marathi : Karinga
Centella called in Bengali : Bora thulkari
Centella called in Gujarati : Moti brahmi
Centella called in Punjabi: Brahmibuti
Nutritional value Of Centella-sarswathi aku:
Centella-sarswathi aku is rich in alkaloids, triterpenes, sterols, tannins, madecassic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, vitamin K, asparate, glutamate, serine, threonine, alanine, lysine, histidine, magnesium, calcium and sodium
The nutritional values per 100 g of Centella-sarswathi aku edible portion of fresh leaves are:
- water (88 g)
- protein (2 g),
- fat (0.2 g),
- carbohydrate (7 g)
- fibre (1.6 g)
- Ca (170 g)
- P (32 mg)
- provitamin A (4.5 mg)
- vitamin C (49 mg)
Health Benefits Of Centella-sarswathi aku
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is a rejuvenative nervine recommended for nervous disorders, including epilepsy, senility and premature aging.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is a brain tonic, it is said to aid intelligence and memory.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola strengthens the adrenal glands while cleansing the blood to treat skin impurities.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is said to combat stress and depression, energize flagging mental powers, increase libido, ward off a nervous breakdown and improve reflexes.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola energizes the central nervous system and rebuilds energy reserves.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola can relieve high blood pressure and helps the body defend against various toxins.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is used to treat rheumatism, blood diseases
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is used to treat congestive heart failure, urinary tract infections, venereal diseases, hepatitis and high blood pressure.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola hastens the healing of wounds
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola improves the flow of blood while strengthening the veins and capillaries.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola has been used successfully to treat phlebitis, leg cramps, and abnormal tingling of the extremities. It soothes and minimizes varicose veins and helps to minimize scarring.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is also useful in repairing skin and connective tissues and smoothing out cellulite
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola strengthen the lining of the gastrointestinal tract, potentially useful for treating ulcers, Irritable Bowel syndrome and amoebiasis.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola help prevent liver injury
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola is very effective in skin diseases as it has antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. Its use is recommended in open sores and chronic wounds.
- Centella-sarswathi aku-Gotu Kola also decrease anxiety and increase mental function in some individuals
The people can benefit from the consumption of Centella-sarswathi aku:
- wound healing
- better circulation
- memory enhancement
- general tonic
- respiratory ailments
- detoxifying the body
- treatment of skin disorders (such as psoriasis and eczema)
- revitalizing connective tissue
- burn and scar treatment
- clearing up skin infections
- slimming and edema
- treatment of liver and kidneys
- periodontal disease
- strengthening of veins (varicose veins)
- blood purifier
- high blood pressure
- an aphrodisiac
- immune booster
- respiratory infections
Note: Information on this website is provided for informational purpose only, Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies