Health Benefits Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku
Health Benefits Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku, nutritional values Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku, Curry leaves-Karivepaku used in curing disease treatment
The curry tree is native to India and Sri Lanka. It is a small tree about 10 to 20 feet tall whose leaves(Curry leaves-Karivepaku) are very aromatic because of the abundance of aromatic oils. Holding the leaves is bound to leave your fingers smelling of its heavenly aroma for a while.
Curry leaves-Karivepaku Commonly used as seasoning, this leaf adds a special flavour to every dish especially in curries, usually fried along with the chopped onion in the first stage of the preparation.
Other than Curry leaves-Karivepaku in curry tree used in Indian cooking, Volatile oil is used as a fixative for soap perfume. The leaves, bark and root of the plant are used in the indigenous medicine as a tonic, stimulant, carminative and stomachic.
Curry leaves also called as Murraya koenigii, sweet neem leaves, curryblatter, Hoja, Feuilles de cari, Krishna nimba, foglia di cari
The Curry leaves-Karivepaku is known by many other names in India regional wise like –
Curry leaves called in Hindi : Kadi Patta, Kathnim, Mitha Neem Patta, Curry Patta, Gandhela, Bareanga, kari patta
Curry leaves called in Telugu : Karivepaku, Karepaku
Curry leaves called in Kannada : Karibevu, Baisoppu, Karibevina Soppu
Curry leaves called in Malayalam : Kariveppila
Curry leaves called in Tamil : Kariveppilai
Curry leaves called in Marathi : kadhi patta, kadu nimb, karhi patta
Curry leaves called in Bengali : Curry Patta, neembegun, Barsanga, Kariphulli
Curry leaves called in Gujarati : Mitho Limdo, Meetho Limbado, Goranimb, Kadhilimbdo, curry na patra
Curry leaves called in Punjabi: Kadipatti, Curry Patta, kari patta
Nutritional value Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku:
Curry leaves are rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, antioxidants, plant sterols, amino acids, glycosides, flavonoid, carbohydrates, energy, fiber, calcium, phosphorous, iron, magnesium, copper, minerals and carbazole alkaloids.
Health Benefits Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku
- Due to anti-diarrheal properties present in Curry leaves-Karivepaku it can cure Diarrhea, A bunch of curry leaves can be ground up and the paste can be eaten or the juice of the leaves can be consumed if you are suffering with Diarrhea related problems.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku can cure gastrointestinal problems, for indigestion related problems Make juice out of a bunch of curry leaves and add lime juice and consume or a paste made from the leaves can be added to buttermilk and taken every morning on an empty stomach.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku has good source of antioxidants helps in reducing oxidative stress.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku has Anti-Diabetic Properties, The anti-hyperglycemic properties in curry leaves helps in controlling blood glucose levels in diabetic Patients.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in fighting cancers such as leukemia, prostate cancer and colorectal cancers. phenols, carbazole alkaloids present in curry leaves has cancer fighting properties
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in reducing bad LDL cholesterol and keeps Cholesterol Levels un controll
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku strengthen hair roots and is Good for Hair Growth. Take half cup of coconut oil and add one fourth cup of curry leaves. Boil the oil mixed with curry leaves for 15 minutes and then put off the flame. Let it cool down. Strain it and use this oil 3 times in a week to get rid of the hair fall and to make the hair grow faster.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku Controls Premature greying of hair or whitening of hair, curry leaves can be used to darken the grey hair naturally. Take one fourth cup mustard oil, one fourth cup almond oil, one fourth cup of fresh curry leaves. mix all the three items and boil for 15 minutes and let it cool down. Strain the oil and store in a small plastic bottle. Use this oil regularly 3 times in a week at night. Massage the scalp and hair and leave it overnight. Wash the hair with mild herbal shampoo the next day. Warm up the oil a bit whenever you wish to use this.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku works as Hair revitalizer which makes the hair smooth, shinier and stronger. Take 2 cups of water and half cup curry leaves, boil water with curry leaves and take it out and let it cool. Use this water to rinse the hair after the shampoo. Shampoo your hair and wash it out then use this curry leaves infused water to rinse the hair. This will add shine and strengthen the hair.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku is Good for Eyesight, vitamins present in Curry leaves protect the cornea, which is the eye surface. Deficiency of vitamin A may cause night blindness, cloud formations in front of the eye and even the loss of vision loss in some cases.
- The extracts of curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in reducing effects of effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy and also protects chromosomal damage, bone marrow.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in fighting bacterial and fungal infections. Curry leaves leaf extracts used in antibiotic drugs.
- tannins and carbazole alkaloids present in curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in protecting the liver from various diseases such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helpful in skin care. The juice or paste of the leaves can be applied on burns, cuts, bruises, skin irritations and insect bites for quick recovery and clean healing.
- Chew 4 to 5 Curry Leaves daily morning on empty stomach for good health
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku have anti-oxidant properties and anti-bacterial properties that help fight against skin infections
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku has lots of folic acid and iron which helps to fight anemia.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in treating intestinal problems such as diarrhea, piles and dysentery.
- People that are at risk of suffering from hereditary diabetes should make it a habit to eat about ten fresh fully grown curry leaves every morning
- Regular consumption of curry leaves is also known to contribute to significant weight loss
- To control morning sickness, especially during pregnancy, you can prepare a decoction with one tsp curry leaves juice, one tbsp lime juice and one tsp honey. Preferably consume it early in the morning. Another simple option is to add few curry leaves while brewing tea.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku paste can treat burn wounds and skin eruptions. It can also be used as a covering for healing wounds.
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in relieving kidney pain
- Curry leaves-Karivepaku helps in reducing body heat
Curry leaves-Karivepaku Leaves Used To Cure Diseases:
- gastrointestinal problems
- prostate cancer
- colorectal cancers
- LDL cholesterol
- Hair Growth
- Premature greying of hair or whitening of hair
- effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- bacterial infections
- fungal infections
- Skin Care
- skin irritations
- insect bites
- skin infections
- weight loss
- morning sickness
- kidney pain
- body heat
- Weak Eye Sight
Preparation/Cooking Tips Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku
Buying Tips of Curry leaves-Karivepaku
Buy Curry Leaves which looks fresh, green and aromatic. Best is to buy from your trusted vegetable vendor
Storage Tips Of Curry leaves-Karivepaku
Remove the leaves and tender stems of Curry Leaves. If they are moist wipe them with a cloth. Store them into an airtight container and place into the fridge.
Note:information provided here is for educational purposes only. For specific medical advice, diagnoses and treatment, consult your doctor-physician or health care provider before taking any home remedies.