How To Change Name Or Transfer Train Ticket
How To Change Boarding Station, How To Change name in Train Ticket, How To Transfer Railway Ticket, How To Transfer Train Ticket, How To Change Passenger name in Train Ticket, How To Modify Passenger name in Train Ticket, How To Change E-ticket details, How To Change Station details in Train Tickets, How To Change passenger details in Train Tickets
The Indian Railways in an initiative has offered the facility of transferring railway tickets to their relatives in case they don’t travel on it.
The rail-train tickets can be transferred to blood relations except husband and wife. If a person is holding a confirmed ticket and is unable to travel, then the ticket can be transferred to his/her family members including father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife. For transfer of ticket, an application must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
The person who wants to transfer the ticket must approach the station manager/chief reservation supervisor and submit the application for the said purpose.
Process for Change in the Name of Passenger Holding Confirmed Reservation
1. Save as otherwise, a berth or a seat reserved in the name of a person shall be used only by the person and shall not be transferable to any other person.
2. Chief Reservation Supervisor of important stations are authorized by Railway Administration to permit the change of name of a passenger having a seat or berth reserved in his name in the following circumstances namely :
- Where the passenger is a Government Servant, proceeding on duty and appropriate authority, makes a request in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of trains
- Where the passenger makes a request in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the train that the reservation made in his name may be transferred to another member of his family, meaning, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Husband and Wife.
- Where the passengers are students of a recognized educational institution and the Head of the institution makes a request in writing 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, that the reservation made in the name of any student be transferred to any other student of the same institute.
- Where the passengers are members of a marriage party and any person deemed to be Head of such party makes a request in writing 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the train that the reservation made in the name of any member of the marriage party be transferred to any other person.
- Where the passengers are a group of cadets of National Cadet Corps and any officer who is the head of the group, makes a request in writing at least 24 hours before the departure of the train that the reservation made in the name of any cadet be transferred to any other cadet.
Such request will be granted only once. Regarding item no. (3), (4) and (5), such request for change in excess of 10% of the total strength of group shall not be granted.
He must also submit the photostat copy of the proof of his relationship with the person to whom the ticket would be transferred like ration card, voter I-Card, bank pass book etc. Further, proof of age is also required to be submitted with the application.
The station manager would then give the permission and changes made according to the application.
Generally, the reservation clerks do not have the access and privilege to make changes in confirmed tickets. The privilege has been given to a person of the rank of chief reservation supervisor who make changes and transfer the ticket in the name of transferee according to the details mentioned in the application. The chief reservation supervisor makes manual changes in the ticket and gives it to the passenger. The change is reflected in the reservation chart which is made when the person undertakes journey in the train. However, a new ticket is not issued.
Change of boarding station & change in name of E-Ticket passenger :-
- For getting these facilities, customer can now approach the nearest Railway Reservation Office with ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ print out and photo identity proof in original of one of the passenger travelling in the ticket at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure of train as per extant Railway rules.
- Please note that reservation offices can change ‘Boarding Station’ & ‘Passenger Name’ against a request from the passenger as per extant railway rules applicable to other face to face counter booked tickets .
- Facility in the name change of passenger holding confirmed e-reservation has been permitted as per extant Railway rules noted as under:-
a. Where the passenger makes a request in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of train to the nearest Railway Reservation office. It can be transferred to an-other member of his family, meaning, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son, Daughter, Husband and Wife. He should bring the ‘Electronic Reservation Slip’ print out along with photo identity card proof in original & a proof for blood relation desired to be changed .
b. Where the passenger is a Government Servant proceeding on duty and appropriate authority, makes a request in writing 24 hours before the scheduled departure of train.