Idea MNP-Mobile Number Portability
Idea Mobile Number Portability, Switch to Idea without changing number, Idea mobile number portability online, Idea mobile number portability status, Idea mobile number portability customer care number, bsnl to Idea mobile number portability, Airtel to Idea mobile number portability, vodafone to Idea mobile number portability, aircel to Idea mobile number portability, reliance to Idea mobile number portability, Tata Docomo to Idea mobile number portability, Uninor to Idea mobile number portability, How to Switch to Idea, Idea Mobile Number Portability procedure, Idea Mobile Number Portability process
How to Change Mobile Network to another using Mobile Number Portability (MNP)?
Changing from one Mobile Network-operator to another Mobile Network-operator through Mobile Number Portability-MNP is a simple process.
Step by step process-procedure of Idea MNP-Mobile Number Portability:
1) To begin with, you need to generate UPC (Unique Porting Code) by sending SMS to 1900. UPC is an alphanumeric code allocated, upon request, by a mobile operator to its subscriber for the purpose of facilitation of porting of his/her mobile number to another operator.
SMS to be sent : PORT to 1900. Operator SMS charges will be applicable.
Eg. SMS PORT 98XXXXXXXX to 1900
2) After sending SMS to 1900, you will receive UPC (Unique Porting Code) as a SMS from 1901 giving 8 digit alpha-numeric Unique Porting Code (UPC) and UPC expiry date in MM/DD/YYYY format
3) Visit your nearest Idea outlet / showroom
4) Fill Idea Mobile Number Porting (MNP) form providing details like
Current Mobile Number
Current Operator name
5) Submit Address & Id proof documents, self-attested photo and last bill copy of postpaid connection (if applicable) along-with filled MNP form and Customer Agreement Form.
6) Buy the Idea MNP SIM card from Idea outlet / showroom. SIM charges, talktime value and porting charge are non-refundable in the event of cancellation / rejection of port-in request.
7) Idea will send an SMS on your old/existing operator’s SIM (existing connection) intimating about the porting date and time, i.e. the date and approximate time till when you can continue to use your existing operator’s SIM card.
8) There will be a 2-hour ‘no service period’ which will begin after the porting time as given above. The ‘no service period’ will be between 12 midnight to 5 am during which your mobile service will not be active on any SIM. All efforts will be made to ensure that this ‘no service period’ causes minimum inconvenience to you.
9) After the ‘no service period’, you can replace your existing operator’s SIM card with the new Idea SIM card in your handset.
Call Idea MNP-Mobile Number Portability Toll Free Number 1800 270 0000
For More Info On Idea MNP-Mobile Number Portability —> Click Here
Note : Mobile Number Portability process will be completed within 7 working days as per process mandated by DoT except 15 days for in case of Assam, North East and Jammu & Kashmir telecom service area.
For how long is Unique Porting Code valid?
Unique Porting Code (UPC) received by you while making the porting request is valid for a period of 15 days.
Do I have to pay anything if I want to switch to My Selective Mobile Network?
Yes, you have to pay a nominal porting fee of Rs.19 at the time of making the porting request. After submitting the required documents and payment you will get the Idea mnp SIM card from the outlet.
Will my mobile connection stop working when I give a porting request?
Maximum time to complete the process of MNP is 7 days except 15 days for in case of Assam, North East and Jammu & Kashmir telecom service area . For 2-hours during this period , termed as ‘no service period’, your mobile service will not be active on any SIM. This ‘no service period’ will be between 12 midnight to 5am to ensure there is no inconvenience to you.
Can I use MNP to port from one circle to other circle?
MNP would be available only within the same telecom Circle (licensed service area) i.e. you can switch mobile operators within your telecom Circle only.
Example a customer from Andhra Pradesh telecom Circle can switch operators within Andhra Pradesh telecom Circle and not outside Andhra Pradesh telecom Circle.
Who can port?
Any eligible Pre-Paid and Post-Paid (GSM / CDMA) mobile users can port.