Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival Story And Its Significance
Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival Story, Why Do We Celebrate Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival, Celebration of Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival, Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival significance, Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival history, importance of Mangala Gowri Vratam Festival, how to celebrate Mangala Gowri Vratam festival, how to perform Mangala Gowri Vratam, Mangala Gowri Vratam procedure, Mangala Gowri Vratam process, Mangala Gowri Vratam in telugu
Mangala Gowri-Gauri Devi Vratam Festival
Gowri Devi is specially worshiped by the married women on four Tuesdays of Sravana Masam. Married women perform Sravana Mangala Gowri vratam for a happy and prosperous marital life and for the welfare of their husband.
This is a five-year nomu / vratam which is performed by the newly wedded ladies of the Brahmin community in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and some regions of Maharashtra. Preparation for the nomu is much time-consuming than the actual pooja vidham. Hence, you need to first make all the necessary arrangements for the nomu before you start doing the nomu as you are not supposed to get up while performing the pooja.
How to perform Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja? for online help in telugu
Step 1 —> Click Here
Step 2 —> Click Here
Step 3 —> Click Here
Step 4 —> Click Here
Step 5 —> Click Here
Step 6 —> Click Here
Step 7 —> Click Here
Step 8 —> Click Here
Step 9 —> Click Here
Step 10 —> Click Here
Step 11 —> Click Here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In Telugu ebook-pdf online —> click here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In Sanskrit ebook-pdf online —> click here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In Tamil ebook-pdf online —> click here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In Malayalam ebook-pdf online —> click here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In Kannada ebook-pdf online —> click here
Download Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja In English ebook-pdf online —> click here
How to perform Mangala Gowri Vratam / Pooja
- As there is whole lot to prepare for this vratam, you can start your preparations the previous day itself without any pending work.
- Start your preparations for Sravana Mangala Gowri Nomu on the previous day itself and finish everything by Monday evening.
- Get up early in the morning on Tuesday, refresh yourself with steaming hot cup of coffee and then go for a hair wash.
- You need to wear the sari as per the custom of your family
- Apply paste made of turmeric powder / pasupu to you feet.
- Take rice flour (vari / biyyam pindi) in a bowl, add sugar or jaggery as per your family custom, sprinkle very little water and knead it to a dough. As the jyothulu / deepams made of this dough need to be consumed, you can add little elaichi powder to add flavor to the taste. Do not use much water for kneading the dough as you will find it difficult to prepare jyothulu.
- Make five small balls of this dough and make five small jyothulu with these dough balls and place these on a steel plate.
- Take a hand span of white or yellow sewing thread, make five or nine strands of it and make five / nine thorams as per the family custom. Apply turmeric paste to these thorams and tie yellow / red flowers at equal distance at five places in each thoram. Place these thorams in a tray and keep these items handy.
- Take 5 measures of whole Bengal gram (Kommu Senagalu) and soak it overnight. Drain the water and keep these handy.
- Keep one blouse piece preferably green / red / yellow color which has to be offered to Ammavaru.
- Make two vastrams (cloth) by spreading / pressing cotton ball. Apply turmeric powder and kumkum (vermilion). Keep these vastrams handy.
- Make panchaamrutam with nearly equal measures of honey, sugar, cow’s ghee, cow’s milk and curd made of cow’s milk. Mix all these well and keep it handy.
- Keep different kinds of fruits like coconut, banana, apple, orange etc ready in a plate.
- Keep colorful flowers ready preferably yellow and red ones.
- Prepare five chitti gaarelu / small vadas for offering naivedyam to Ammavaaru.
- Also prepare a sweet – kesari or paayasam for offering naivedyam to Ammavaaru.
- Now take little turmeric powder, add little water and make small pasupu Ganapati with the paste and place this on a beetel leaf.
- In a similar way make small Ammavaaru with the turmeric paste and place it on a betel leaf.
- These two turmeric paste idols should be preserved and used for the next three Tuesdays as well.
- Pour cow’s ghee in the five rice flour jyothis / deepams and place small cotton wicks in it and keep these ready.
- Take a steel knife, apply chandanam / gandham paste at the tip and keep it aside.
- Now sit on the pooja mat in front of the pooja mandapam and decorate the idols with colorful flowers, lit the daily oil deepam and agarbatti as well.
- Keep a tumbler of water, a spoon and a plate for sankalpam
- Now you can do pranayam followed by sankalpam and follow the pooja vidham
- At the completion of the pooja offer naivedyam, thoram, ravike (blouse piece) and senagala vaayanam along with taambulam to Ammavaaru. For tambulam, take 3 betel leaves and place two bananas and a nut powder packet or vakka.
- Tie one thoram to the knife, lit rice flour jyothulu with cow’s ghee and start reading Sraavana Mangala Gowri katha / story.
- While reading the story hold the chandan smeared part of knife over the flames of jyothulu so that the chandan gets charred and thickly forms katuka / kajal on the knife.
- After you finish reading the story, tie one thoram to your right wrist.
- Now without taking food (if it is customary in your family) give senagala vaayanam which includes soaked whole Bengal gram, two betel leaves, two or three fruits, a flower, betel nut, thoram and one rice flour jyothi to 3 or 5 married ladies as per your family custom.
- In case you don’t find five married ladies in your area, you can give the whole lot as butta vaayanam to one married lady only. In certain communities of some regions, it is customary to give the vaayanam to the married ladies of the same community only and not to the women of other communities.
- In this way you need to perform the pooja for 4 or 5 weeks in the Sraavana maasam for five continuous years immediately after marriage. And in the fifth year you can perform the udyaapanam of this nomu.
In some regions of Andhra Pradesh, giving senagala vaayanam to married ladies starts with five ladies in the first year which keeps adding five more every year and finally this has to be given to 25 ladies in the fifth year. While in some region the number remains the same i/e five each year.
After completion of four / five Tuesdays, the turmeric idols of Ganapati and Ammavaaru should be made into paste and applied on the face and mangalasutram or else these can be immersed in a nearby water source.