Speed limit On Outer Ring Road-Hyderabad
Speed limit on Outer Ring Road, Speed limit on Outer Ring Road in hyderabad, Speed restrictions on Outer Ring Road, Speed restrictions on Outer Ring Road in hyderabad, driving speed limit on Outer Ring Road, driving speed limit on Outer Ring Road in hyderabad
HYDERABAD: Henceforth, the minimum speed will be 40 kilometres per hour (kmph) and the maximum 120 kmph on the Outer Ring Road (ORR), according to the notification issued by the Cyberabad police commissioner on Saturday. The new speed rules will come into force from Sunday.
Cyberabad police, in an official release issued here, said that on lane 1 and 2, which are closest to the median, motorists can drive at speeds between 80 kmph and 120 kmph. In the other two lanes the minimum speed should be between 40 kmph and 80 kmph.
“All vehicles which have to make emergency stop for human or mechanical emergency have to follow certain precautions. Drivers should park on the extreme left service lane, switch on hazard lights/parking lights/all lights to indicate to other vehicles, put up reflective signages/cones for emergency about five metres on the rear and front of the vehicle,” Cyberabad police commissioner CV Anand said after launching four patrolling vehicles.
HMDA commissioner Neerabh K Prasad and principal secretary (MA&UD) SK Joshi were also present during the event.
In phase I, the stretch of ORR from Pedda Amberpet to Patancheru through Shamshabad would be covered for enforcement and later it would be extended to other segments. Motorists can contact ORR helpline on 040-23002424 & 8500411111.
Additions to the rulebook
- Fast-moving vehicles should ply in right lanes (lane 1 and 2) and slow-moving ones in left lanes (lane 3 and 4) within the speed ranges. Heavy vehicles should move in lane 3 or 4 only.
- Vehicles which change their speed shall have to go to the designated speed range lane and no zigzagging is permitted between the lanes.
- Vehicles wanting to change lanes should do so only after using indicator lights and taking precautions while changing lanes.
- No vehicle shall stop on any of the four lanes of ORR.
- Movement of 2 or 3-wheelers has been banned.
- Also banned are wrong side driving, entry from exit roads and exit from entry roads.