How To Make Ugadi Pachadi, How To Prepare Ugadi Pachadi, Ugadi Pachadi Procedure
Ugadi Pachadi is a special dish that is prepared by Telugu speaking people, ie. Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Ugadi Pachadi is a combination of 6 tastes and each taste represents the experiences of a person in life. It is a mixture of good, bad, happy, sorrow etc.
Ugadi Pachadi 6 tastes are:
- Sweet (teepi) : Jaggery(Bellam), can also use honey or sugar
- Sour (pulupu) : Tamarind (chinta pandu), can also use lemon juice
- Bitter (chedu) : Neem Flowers or neem buds (Vepa puvvu, margosa), can also use menthi seeds
- Spicy (karam) : Chilli Powder or Green Mirchi (pacchi mirapakaya), can also use Pepper
- Salty (Uppu) : Salt
- Tangy : Raw Mango
Ugadi Pachadi 6 tastes and their representation:
- Sadness – Bitter (chedu)
- Happiness – Sweet (teepi)
- Anger – Spicy (karam)
- Fear – Salty (Uppu)
- Disgust – Sour (pulupu)
- Surprise – Tangy
Process To Make Ugadi Pachadi
Ingredients Requires To Make Ugadi Pachadi :
- Neem flowers(vepa puvvu) : 2 tea spoons
- Grated Raw mango : 2 Table spoons
- Tamarind : A small lemon size ball.
- Green chillies : ½ tea spoon (finely chopped)
- Salt : quarter tea spoon
- Jaggery (Bellam) : ½ Cup (powdered)
- Banana (Ripe) : 1 No.(chopped to small pieces)
- Soak tamarind in water for 15 to 20 min and make pulp. pulp water should be thin not thick, you can add water to pulp water too.
- Add some jaggery mix it well so that it dissolves completely now filter out that water into a new bowl to filter out impurities .
- Then add neem flower petals
- Then add green chillies you can use chopped pieces or mashed(grinded),
- Then add salt and mango pieces
- Then add Chopped banana
- Mix them well and serve it