Post Office Savings Account, Post Office Savings Account Online, How To Open Savings Account In Indian Post Office, Post Office Savings Account Forms Online
A Post Office Savings Account is more or less similar to regular savings accounts, It provides full security as the banks like State bank of india provides. The Interest paying amount is also more than the savings bank and people who are looking to earn a regular income without exposure to risk can do savings in Post Office.
the government introduced the concept of opening savings accounts through post offices, In each and every village there will be a post office, so people who are not having banks in their village can opt for Post Office Savings Account
How to Open a Post Office Savings Account
A Post Office savings account can be opened at any post office with a minimum balance of Rs 20.
To open an Post Office Savings Account(SB), Recurring Deposit(RD), Time Deposit(TD), Monthly Income Scheme(MIS) SB3, SB103 (pay-in-slip) and specimen signature slip for SB and TD are required.
For senior citizen accounts, separate forms are to be used > Click Here For Forms <. Note : For opening Post Office Savings Account (SB account) an introduction is compulsory.
- Minimum initial deposit : Rs.20
- Minimum balance for account without cheque book : Rs.50
- Minimum balance or initial deposit for account with cheque book : Rs.500
You will Get an ATM card within 15 days. You can then use the postal ATM card in any other bank’s ATM and also use other bank’s card in Postal ATM available at Head post offices. 0% charges for any number of transactions. Mobile and internet banking available.
One more thing is the interest we get through Post Office Savings is more than the normal savings
What is the procedure for opening a Post Office Savings Account?
Opening a Post Office Savings Account is very simple.
- Go to your near by post office and Fill the form at post office and submit all the documents with the duly filled application or > Click Here To Download Post Office Savings Account Form Online < fill all the fields and submit at your near by post office
- Submit all the required KYC documents, photograph with the application form.
- Pay the amount
- Thats it and Your Post Office Savings Account will be opened for you.
Documents Required To Open a Post Office Savings Account
To open a savings account at the post office, you need to submit the following:
- ID Proof such as Pan Card or Voter ID Card or Aadhaar card or Ration Card with photograph or Passport or Driving License or Photo Identity Card issued by recognized University/College/School.
- Address Proof such as Bank Passbook or Post Office Passbook or Passport or Ration Card or Electricity Bill or Telephone Bill
- Recent Passport Size Photographs are to be given. In case of Joint Account, photograph of all joint holders should be given.
- Cash (for account opening)