Insurance Covered In Case Of Any LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-Accident
How Much Insurance Covered For Gas Cylinder Blast Victims, How Much Insurance Covered For Gas Cylinder Accident Victims, Insurance Cover on LPG Cylinders, Insurance Cover on Gas Cylinders, Does LPG Gas Cylinder Company Pay Insurance
Most of the people are not aware that LPG Gas Cylinder companies provide insurance to the consumers in case if any Gas Cylinder Blast or Gas Cylinder Accident happen. PSU Oil Marketing Companies such as Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) are obliged to obtain Public Liability Insurance Policy to cover any losses occured due to LPG Gas Cylinder accidents / blast
Insurance policies taken by PSU Oil Marketing Companies are Public Liability Policies and are not in the name of any individual LPG customer. LPG Gas Cylinder customer (means you) do not need to pay any premium for this, PSU Oil Marketing Companies such as Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) will pay for Public Liability Insurance Policy.
Below is the limit of liability or insurance amount payed in case of any LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-LPG Gas Cylinder Accident:
Personal Accident cover to third parties and LPG customers and property damage at authorized customers’ registered premises:
(a) Personal Accident Due To LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-Accident: Rs.6,00,000 per person per event in case of death
(b) Medical expenses Due To LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-Accident: Max Rs.2,00,000 per person (Limited to Rs 30,00,000/- per event)
(c ) Property damage Due To LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-Accident: Max. Rs. 200,000/- per event at authorized customers’ registered premises.
(d) Per year in aggregate: Rs. 10 Crore
How to claim insurance in case of any LPG Gas Cylinder Blast-LPG Gas Cylinder Accident?
Below is Claim Procedure for LPG Gas Cylinder Accident:
- Any accident involving consumer’s LPG installation should be forthwith intimated to the Corporation’s distributor from whom the consumer received supply.
- Indane distributor / Area Office, after preliminary inquiry will in turn notify the local office of the concerned Insurance Company for further action towards processing the claim as per terms of the Insurance policy.
- Consumers are not required to apply to Insurance Company or to contact them directly.
- Consumer is required to submit to the Oil Company the relevant documents viz. in case of death – originals of Death Certificate(s) and Post Mortem report(s) /Coroners report/Inquest report, as applicable; in case of injuries – Doctors’ Prescriptions in original supporting the purchase of medicines, original Medical Bills, Discharge Card in original and any other documents related to hospitalization.
- Property loss – the Insurance Company appoints their Surveyor to assess the loss.
Note: Claims are settled based upon merit of each case. The concerned Insurance Company takes decision regarding settlement of the claim as per the provisions of Insurance Policy.
Disbursal of Claim amount for Gas Cylinder Accident:
As the policy cover is taken by the distributor/OMCs, Insurance Companies remit the claim amount to the concerned distributor/Oil Company who in turn remits the same to the claimant / beneficiary.